Recommended Upper West Side Cat Health Insurance Plans
Understanding Why It’s Important to Insure Your Cat
Regardless of your cat’s age or current health status, it is still important to secure health insurance for it. Sometimes, emergencies or unexpected illnesses happen. Without insurance, you could be left deciding between getting your cat the care it deserves or being able to foot the cost of an expensive vet bill. Getting cat insurance helps prevent you from making such a difficult and unnecessary decision. Much like the way health insurance works for humans, cat health insurance helps cover the cost of the vet bill depending on the coverage type and specific plan you have.
To speak with our staff regarding which cat insurance plan might be best for you and your cat, call (917) 242-4235.
The Overall Benefits of Cat Health Insurance
While not every pet health insurance plan is the same, they all guarantee similar overall benefits.
These benefits include:
- Providing you with financial support for the cost of the vet bills
- Ensuring the best possible care if your cat is ill or injured without you worrying about how expensive it will be
- Getting back up to 90% of what you pay for vet bills
- Plans that consist of the coverage that is right for you and your cat
- Plans that are for cats of any age and health status
Helping You Choose the Right Plan for You & Your Cat
While the old adage might claim that cats have nine lives, and some cats might think it is true by attempting to run out into busy Manhattan streets or ingesting hair ties, sadly, cats only have one life. It’s important that we make sure our cats’ lives are long and healthy ones. When you’re looking for popular pet insurance, you may encounter a number of options. We know this can be overwhelming, which is why we’ve narrowed it down to three companies we prefer, trust, and recommend to our clients.
Petplan Pet Insurance
When you select Petplan’s cat health insurance coverage, you can receive treatment from any licensed veterinarian within the U.S. or Canada, submit a health insurance claim online or from your phone with the Petplan app, and receive reimbursement within 5 to 14 days.
Petplan’s coverage includes:
- Diagnostic treatments
- Any referrals and specialist treatments
- Holistic therapies
- Cancer treatments
- Non-routine dental treatments
- Prescribed medications
- Imaging, including MRIs, CAT scans, and ultrasounds
- Non-routine veterinary exam fees
It’s important to note that Petplan, like most other pet insurance providers, does not reimburse for routine and preventative visits, pre-existing conditions, elective procedures, or liability coverage.
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance
With ASPCA’s Pet Health Insurance Complete Coverage plan, you can customize everything from your annual reimbursement limit and percentage to your annual deductible. Their Complete Coverage plan also comes with the option of adding on a Preventive Care Coverage plan which enables reimbursement for vaccinations, preventative screenings, and spaying/neutering. ASPCA’s Pet Health Insurance plans don’t have networks, which enables you to see any veterinarian in the U.S. or Canada.
ASPCA’s Pet Health Insurance Complete Coverage plan includes coverage for:
- Chronic conditions, such as allergies, diabetes, and cancer
- Alternative therapies, such as acupuncture, chiropractic care, and hydrotherapy
- Behavioral issues, such as excessive licking, fur pulling, or destruction of the home
- Accidents, such as torn ligaments, bite wounds, broken bones, and toxic ingestions
- Hereditary and congenital conditions, such as hip dysplasia, heart disease, and eye disorders
- Illnesses, such as cancer, arthritis, hypothyroidism, and digestive problems
ASPCA’s Pet Health Insurance plan does not cover breeding costs, cosmetic procedures, or any treatment for pre-existing conditions.
Trupanion Medical Insurance for Pets
With Trupanion’s cat insurance, you can take your cat or kitten to any veterinarian, specialty center, or emergency hospital in the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico. Trupanion will reimburse 90% of eligible health expenses, leaving you only responsible for the remaining 10% and your deductible.
Trupanion’s Medical Insurance for Pets covers:
- Prosthetic devices and carts
- Hospital stays
- Veterinary supplements
- Diagnostic tests
- Illnesses and injuries
- Hereditary and congenital conditions
It is important to note that Trupanion does not cover the cost of exam fees, applicable sales tax, wellness and preventative care, or care for pre-existing conditions. However, Trupanion does offer additional coverage plans that add extra protection for breeding costs, unforeseen events related to your cat, and alternative therapies.
We provide the latest in medicine with an emphasis on sound laboratory and imaging diagnostics, pain minimizing, and discomfort alleviation.
Extensive Feline Exams
We recommend that every feline get examined twice a year, not just when health problems arise. We want your cat's health to be top of mind year long.
Custom Health Plans
Our doctors develop tailored health plans for every stage of your cat's 9 lives.
“The best diagnosis and treatment.”- Richard S.
“I was very pleased with our experience.”- Alexis N.
“I highly recommend this practice.”- Amy C.