Manhattan Cat Specialists COVID-19 Safety Protocols
In order to keep our patients, their families, and our community safe, we have updated our pandemic safety measures.
1. Beginning June 14th, we will invite one person to accompany their cat into the exam room for appointments.
2. To limit exposure between people, we are asking all clients to arrive on-time for their appointments.
3. We ask you to wear a mask when interacting with our team and entering the building, our team will continue to wear a mask for everyone’s safety.
4. Each exam room will be equipped with social distancing markers indicating where clients should sit during the visit, additionally hand sanitizer will be available for your use.
5. Our hospital team will hold your cat in support of the veterinarian during the appointment.
8. Upon completion of the doctor’s examination of your cat, the hospital team will advise on checking out and exiting the hospital.
9. Our team disinfects our exam rooms after every appointment and the lobby area is disinfected continuously throughout the day.
10. For medication refills, please call ahead so we can arrange a pick-up time and take payment by phone.
As always, the health and safety of our clients and our team is a top priority. Until we’re able to fully return to normal operations, we ask that you continue to follow all our recommended safety guidelines.
Please call us at (917) 242-4235 with any questions.
We provide the latest in medicine with an emphasis on sound laboratory and imaging diagnostics, pain minimizing, and discomfort alleviation.
Extensive Feline Exams
We recommend that every feline get examined twice a year, not just when health problems arise. We want your cat's health to be top of mind year long.
Custom Health Plans
Our doctors develop tailored health plans for every stage of your cat's 9 lives.
“The best diagnosis and treatment.”- Richard S.
“I was very pleased with our experience.”- Alexis N.
“I highly recommend this practice.”- Amy C.